Monday, June 6, 2016

Tuesday, 7 June 2016 & Update Post

Warm, hot weather all week. Hope you get a chance to enjoy it.

Nanaimo
 
The Wolf has brought back Marshall's Mess at 0720 where you can win Timbermen Jr tix. Every morning this week you could win weekend passes to the Motocross Nationals. Their email says they're giving away the Big Green Egg BBQ and accessories with a $250 Thrifty's g/c and you need to enter a draw, but I don't see the link right now. Maybe tomorrow.


The Wave has weekend passes to the Motocross Nationals too, but you need to sign up for their Wave Club emails to be entered to win.

Coast has no new polls, opinions, or trivia. In the raffle area, there's a Painted Boat raffle for 750 points, or a golf pack for Arbutus, Duncan Meadows, or Cowichan G&CC for 250 each, or you can enter their big one (which is between three stations) for a cooler and BBQ for 500 points each entry. One set of Jazz Fest tix are up for raffle right now.


All Day


 
Morning Show


106.9 The Wolf - Motocross Nationals passes

Midday Show
 



Afternoon Show
 

106.9 The Wolf - What's the Word for NYLA
 
Daily Schedule
 


0720 - 106.9 The Wolf - Marshall's Mess
0750 - 91.7 Coast - Rewards Code
1050 - 91.7 Coast - Rewards Code
1200 - 1300 - 106.9 The Wolf Rock Request Lunch $25 g/c to Smitty's
1200 - 1300 - 102.3 The Wave Retro Lunch $25 g/c to BP

1250 - 91.7 Coast - Rewards Code
1550 - 91.7 Coast - Rewards Code

1700 - 102.3 The Wave - 5 at 5 - Car wash at Great Canadian Oil Change

Duncan

 
Juice has the Terrible Twos today. Now, I want to <rant> just a little here. I only get this station on my phone at home or in the afternoon on my way home in the car. Sometimes, if I'm going through the Leigh Road interchange area, reception begins to fuzz out and an American station will overtake the signal this station puts out. That's why, I try REALLY hard to be before that area on the highway so I can hear the code at 4:30. Sometimes, the traffic is really good and I'm actually purposefully driving slowly so I can hear it, because I don't get a clear signal again until half way up the 4-lane past the Park.


Now, other times, the afternoon DJ will not play the code at 4:20 - sometimes there's a song going on at that time, but more commonly, the song will end at 4:19 and they will play ANOTHER song, which then pushes the code to 4:23-4:25 depending on the length. I've even heard the code as late as 4:30, and even.... not at all. 

So, let's say they DO play it at 4:20. There have been times where the theme music plays yet no code comes up (that was an interesting phone call - they had to call me back to give me the code because the receptionist didn't have it. Wha?), or when he chatters on sooooo long, that when he DOES give the code, ZAP! I'm in reception no-man's land and I miss it.

So, in instances like that - which honestly, only happens maybe once every 2-3 months so it's not a common occurrence - I will Facebook Juice and ask them very politely if they could tell me the code. Now, at first, they were doing this and I always thanked them. I never took this for granted, ever. I know they're busy and replying to me before 8pm was a kindness.

Until today. Today my phone was streaming their feed (I'd say live, but we all know it's a minute or two behind) and just before Matt was to say the code, it stopped. Dead. Nothing. I was yelling at the phone (because that'll work), and you know if you hit pause then play, those two damned commercials are going to play so you're going to get the song instead of the code. Granted, this is a huge improvement over when they first started streaming because I could only get 'reception' on my phone if I was on the front step of the house. ANYWAY, I go to message Juice on Facebook and ask for the code and I get told that they're not accepting messages from me any more.

Pardon?

Yes, I've been blocked.  Now, I try not to take anything personally, but this was quite a shock to me. If they look at the dates on the messages, they'd see it's not a common occurence but I guess it's enough that they just don't want me to message them and ask any more. I don't know if this is a blanket denial of all members of their page (if you're one of the 4500, try messaging them a 'hello! great job you're doing' kind of thing and see if it goes through), but it was quite a shock getting that 'blocked' message lemme tell ya. 

Fortunately, I called and Matt picked up and answered my question, sympathized with my technological malfunction, and I was able to bring you the code. This time.

So here's my thing: if you state EVERYWHERE and in your commercials that you say the code at a specific time... then say it at that time. I know for a fact that songs are on an electronic time sheet and you know the exact time you're going to say the codes. Ocean does it - sometimes they're early as a matter of fact, and I make sure I have my alarms set for 4-5 minutes PRIOR to the time stated, just in case, so I don't miss it. If the song ends at 4:19, don't play another song; say the code. You chatter for 30 seconds anyway about where to get new codes, what's in the raffle area, blah blah blah so you can totally say the code on time. I know sometimes there's a delay with traffic or whatever. I also know they delay it on purpose to make you keep listening - typical tactic. I get it.

Doesn't mean I like it. <off rant> 

Daily Schedule

0720 - Nearly Impossibl
e Question
0720 - Rewards Code
1020 - Rewards Code
1500 - 1600 - Common Thread
1620 - Rewards Code

1630 - Terrible Twos 

Victoria

 

Ocean has the Father's Day Face Off to win entry for the grand prize on Friday. Two Dad's need to face off in a trivia contest on the morning show. Win a 4 pack pass to All Fun Recreation on the midday show and in the raffle area for 1500 points until midnight the 12th.
 
The Zone's weekend show is giving you a pair of tix to Fernwood Bites (but only on the weekend). If you're hungry now, win tix to YYJ Eats on the midday show this week. Just tell John who the celebrity chef is (he warps the voice) and you win. It's actually a bit tougher than it sounds. I was wrong today, and I thought I had it. The morning show has passes to the Oleanth Festival.

The Q has passes to YYJ Eats as well on the morning show.

CFAX is giving away James Taylor tix on their morning show. If you want a ride in the B17 Bomber, you can email them at cfax.promotions@bellmedia.ca and tell them why you should win.


All Day

98.5 Ocean - Free Trip Friday VIP list call-in
Morning Show

0600 - 1000 - 107.3 Kool - Morning Theatre - Thursday night golf at Olympic View
0600 - 1000 - 91.3 The Zone - Oleanth Festival passes
0530 - 0900 - 100.3 The Q - YYJ Eats passes
0600 - 1000 - 98.5 Ocean - Father's Day Face Off entry
0530 - 0900 - 1070 CFAX - James Taylor tix

Midday Show
 
1000 - 1400 - 91.3 The  Zone - YYJ Eats passes
0900 - 1400 - 100.3 The Q - tix to Meatloaf
1000 - 1400 - 91.3 The Zone - passes to Westshore Navy Day 
0900 - 1400 - 100.3 The Q - tix to Jim Jeffries 
1000 - 1400 - 98.5 Ocean - All Fun Recreation passes

Afternoon Show

1400 - 1800 - 91.2 The Zone - passes to Mammoth exhibit

Evening Show



Daily Schedule

0700 - 98.5 Ocean - 7 O'Clock Mental Block $20 g/c for Red Barn Market
0750 - 100.3 The Q - Rock Door - Pork and Bains & Mammoth Exhibit passes
0810 - 103.1 KiSS - Laundry Change Trivia
0815 - 100.3 The Q - Polka Monster - Bobble Ed & VIP passes to Westshore Navy Days
0825 - 98.5 Ocean - Artist of the Day
0825 - 91.3 The Zone - Dylan Vs The World Trivia
1020 - 98.5 Ocean - Artist of the Day
1200 - 1300 - 107.3 Kool - tba
1420 - 98.5 Ocean - Artist of the Day
1315 - 91.3 The Zone - Pol's Knowledge Bomb Fall Out - tba
1615 - 1003. The Q - Retro A Go-Go $25 to Pennzoil Easy Lube
1620 - 98.5 Ocean - Artist of the Day
1700 - 107.3 Kool - 5 @ 5 - jewelry from Lugaro
1700 - 100.3 The Q - My Favourite Song
1920 - 98.5 Ocean - Artist of the Day

I'll flip around and listen and update tomorrow. Happy winning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love the comments. Keep 'em clean and polite please - this is a family show.