Friday, September 25, 2015

Weekend of 26 and 27 September, 2015

So I'm pretty clumsy. Always have been. Some days I'm clumsier than usual, like last night for instance. On the way to the concert, I was about half a block away and decided to go up onto a grassy berm between two roads to get out of the way of traffic. My food didn't quite clear the high curb (which I saw, btw), and my toe caught the edge and down I went like a sack of hammers. I landed heavily on my left knee and by the time I recovered (a little dizzy, for sure), and hobbled over to the arena, it was starting to swell. We grabbed a beer (side note - $7.25 for HALF A BUD?! Rip.Off!) and sat down in our seats. I couldn't bend my leg by this time. Fortunately, it wasn't packed, so I was able to put my leg out straight. I asked my friend to get me an ice pack, which led to the first aid girl coming over - they wanted me to go down the stairs to see them... uh... not gonna happen - and she gave me 4 ice packs. Then I moved to an aisle seat, stretched out my leg and got two more ice packs. Walking back was slow, but doable. Driving, well thank goodness I drive an automatic now. I took the day off work and finally got in to a walk in clinic - first one opened at 2, second one closed at noon, third one had an hour wait - and the doc confirmed no joint damage. I'm going to have a really pretty and colourful leg by Monday though.

This weekend there are a few things going on:

Saturday's prize from the Wave is $1000 to Canadian Tire for his & her bikes. Sunday you could win $1000 to the Quilted Duck.

The Q has their Time Machine weekend going on. I don't think there's anything to win, but it's always fun to listen to a station with a weekend theme.

CFAX's Al on Wheels item (which I'll put on the Monday blog) is shown again on the CTV Island news at 6 this weekend too. The item is Steak Sauce.

I'll be back Sunday night with a quick snapshot of the week ahead. Unless, of course, we win the Lotto Max tonight. In which case I'll be recovering.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love the comments. Keep 'em clean and polite please - this is a family show.